Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2016

A DAILY INVITATION TO FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD by BILL JOHNSON

I am enjoying reading this book as a daily devotion to start my day. There are many nuggets of thoughts and scriptures thought the book that really make me think. It is written in a way that is easy to comprehend and always has something I need for the day. I love the different topics like growing closer to God, His purpose for you and encouragement that helps you to continue your journey with Him.

There were a couple of things that really stood out to me . "To obey only when we see that there will be a favorable outcome is not obedience." We should always strive  to obey His commandments and be willing to follow Him. It may be hard at times, but I know that He is always there. "Our assignment is to live as though nothing were impossible." As we go through our daily lives we need to have an attitude that we can do things that seem impossible. We have God right there watching over us, encouraging us and holding us up as we go through trials. I liked how the author gave us scriptures to meditate on and his thoughts on many subjects. This would be a great tool for anyone who wants to dig deeper in his Word and share with others as a devotional that makes you think, explore and find revelation in His word.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment