Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2017

CELEBRATE This DAY by MARCIA LEE LAYCOCK

I really enjoy devotions. They help me draw closer to God and help me see scriptures in a new way. Each devotion is different and this one is beautifully designed for special occasions. I loved  how the author focused on special holidays or occasions. As she talks about the special days, she draws from her own experiences to enhance the reading.

I enjoyed the story she shared about Summer. They were all excited about attending Bible College and needed to sell their house. After several attempts, the plans started to fall through. It is easy to get discouraged when things seem to not go the way we hoped for. They were excited when finally they had a buyer. On the day they were to leave and turn the keys over , the buyer was late. I loved how the husband got on his knees and prayed. As he finished, the buyer drove up. We sometimes forget that God has a plan for us. We need to be patient and wait on Him.

One of the devotions that really grabbed my attention was about a woman named Amanda. She volunteered to help with a  play and soon found herself in charge of all the costumes. It was an overwhelming task and the director yelled at her because everything was not ready. After the play was done, the director handed out flowers to the cast and thanked people who had helped with the play. Just one person was left out of being thanked that day. Amanda , after all her hard work had not gotten a thank you. What I loved about the story was how the author pointed out that we sometimes forget to thank God for the many things He has done for us.

Thank you for writing a devotion that open my eyes to things I should be thankful for and to help me focus on Him more. The devotion is a beautiful tool to use everyday to remind us of the blessings we have and to be loving to each other.

I received a copy of this book from the author and Bookfun.org. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment