Search This Blog

Friday, April 7, 2017

PLAIN TARGET by DANA R. LYNN

From the opening words I knew this book was going to keep me on the edge of my seat. It starts with a fire in a barn that endangers horses. As Jess and the others rush to save the horses, the fire starts to pick up. What an exciting start to a story that I couldn't put down. I loved Jess instantly and thought the author did an excellent job of developing her into a smart, and determined woman. Her faith was first in her life and I loved how she never wavered from it. I am glad to see that the author has put a hearing impaired person in her story.  I always wanted to learn sign language because I had a child in my Sunday School class that was deaf. I took classes so she would not feel left out. I'm so glad that the author brought her expertise of working with the deaf into a story that highlights how someone like Jess can do anything by adapting to sign language , hearing aides and lip reading.

Jess loved training horses but she is still grieving the loss of her brother. She knows in her heart that he didn't commit suicide and is willing to risk everything to proof that. Jess is heartbroken to hear all the accusations about how her brother was mixed up in something illegal. When Jess runs into someone from her high school days, she isn't exactly excited to see him. Seth who is a paramedic remembers Jess well. He wasn't very nice to her during their school days. In fact he made her feel horrible about herself and pretty much bullied her.

As danger starts to follow Jess, Seth is there to protect her. I loved how they both had some things to work through and relied on God to help them forgive. Seth has turned his back on God and I thought Jess was very helpful in guiding him to find his faith again. The story is very fast paced and I loved how the author incorporated the Amish in the story. She weaves a story that has  Jess and Seth running for their lives. Can they prove Jess's brother was innocent? Who is behind the stalking of Jess? Why is someone trying to kill her? This is one book you don't want to miss if you enjoy intrigue, action, a bit of romance and the reminder that God never leaves us and is there to forgive us.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete