Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A StRANGER AT FELLSWORTH by SARAH E. LADD

I really enjoyed the historical time period and the beautiful setting of the story . The story moves at a quick pace which I really liked. Annabelle was a great character. I loved her spunkiness and determination. After finding out that the family is in financial trouble, her brother schemes to get her married off. I was shocked at how violent her brother was towards her. I would have slapped him back and had him thrown out of the house.

I loved the school that Annabelle decides to teach at and bringing her “friend “ with her was a great idea. Margaret has been with her for awhile so there was no way Annabelle was leaving her behind to live on the streets. The school is interesting and at times very strict. A chance encounter with Owen Locke will prove to benefit Annabelle during the story. I loved the intrigue in the story and learned a bit about poaching. The author does a great job of bringing characters to life with vivid details and raw emotions. I loved how some characters were not as trustworthy as readers first think. Who will betray Annabelle ? Will her brother find out where she has gone. Can Owen keep Annabelle safe? These are some of the questions that keep the story so action packed and hard to put down. I applaud the author for a story that held my attention and at times made me really think about true friendship. Learning to trust is not easy and Annabelle will have to decide who she can rely on.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment