Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2018

MURDER AT THE FLAMINGO by
RACHEL MCMILLAN

I really enjoyed this book and the time period it was set in. I don't know why but I felt like I was transported back to a time where clubs were fun and the music was swinging. The people were having a great time and happy times were on everyone's minds. Not everyone was happy though. Hamish suffers from anxiety and it comes up at the most uncomfortable moments in his life. When Hamish makes a decision to move to Boston, his life will never be the same. Does Hamish remember that you can't run away from your problems?

Reggie Van Buren is also on a quest to start a new life and Hamish and Reggie's lives will collide into a mystery that will take them to the seedy side of club life.  What better way to open a club than to have a murder take place on opening day. The place is in chaos and Hamish and Reggie team up to solve the case.

I love the pairing of these two characters and they reminded me of a duo set to conquer the world. I loved the description of Boston and thought the author did a great job of taking us back to the 1930s in style. Her writing intrigues me and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next in the book. There are a few slow parts that made me almost give up on the story. I'm happy to say that the book shined at the end and I look forward to the next in this new series.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment