Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

WELCOME TO THE REVIEW PROMO BLAST OF RECLAIMING SANITY  BY 
DR. LAUREL SHALER 

PRESENTED BY CELEBRATE LIT



With a girlfriend’s companionship and a professional counselor’s expertise, Dr. Laurel Shaler walks you through personal stories and biblical insights that shed light on daily and traumatic stress. In Reclaiming Sanity, she shows
  • How to find freedom from the past
  • Five myths about anger and how to overcome them
  • The antidote for nagging worry and sleepless nights
  • Ways to rebuild trust in others
  • How Christ gives true strength 
Offering effective action steps toward reclaiming sanity, Dr. Shaler guides you through the healing process, whether you are dealing with a one-time traumatic event or years of hidden pain.




Dr. Laurel Shaler is an author, counselor, professor, social worker, and speaker. She writes and speaks on the intersection of faith, culture, and emotional well-being. She is the author of "Reclaiming Sanity: Hope and Healing for Trauma, Stress, and Overwhelming Life Events" (David C. Cook, 2016) and "Relational Reset: Unlearning the Habits that Hold You Back" (Moody, 2018).


Tweets:

Your suffering is real, but you are not going crazy. Restoration can begin now. #ReclaimingSanity @DrLaurelShaler http://amzn.to/2uqOkwy 

"Ur not alone. God is w/ u. He has promised u a hope &a future. He will not fail 2 fulfill His promises" @DrLaurelShaler #ReclaimingSanity

"There is a lot we can do about the way we react to the reminders of the past." @DrLaurelShaler #ReclaimingSanity http://amzn.to/2ptFtI3 

"It is possible to #trustGod & rest in Him even while the storm rages" @DrLaurelShaler #ReclaimingSanity http://amzn.to/2ptFtI3 

"Answers are on the way. Healing has begun. You are alive." @DrLaurelShaler #ReclaimingSanity is available wherever you get your book fix!


Social Media:



Buy Link:
https://amzn.to/2K9STSv



Review.jpg


I was really surprised to read the author say, " Trauma is one of the world's leading epidemics." I know things happen to people everyday and sometimes it is very traumatic. Trauma can be having been in a car accident, losing a loved one, an illness or being in a natural disaster. The list is endless and for some people those events can cause trauma that is hard to get over. I did like the first chapter because it goes into a bit more detail about trauma and has a quiz  at the end of the chapter for you to take. After reading the first chapter, I was happy to see the author stressing that there are answers to the way we feel going through trauma.

I'm sure many of us have felt like we are losing our mind. The good news is, we aren't. We just need tools to help us cope with the trauma going on in our lives.I very much agree with the author that trust comes in to play after a traumatic event. The choice we make is important in dealing with trauma. I like that the author uses scriptures to emphasize her statements throughout the book.

I was anxious knowing that chapter four was coming next in my reading. I have PTSD and that is exactly what this chapter deals with. The author discusses that support groups may be helpful for some, speaking to a therapist and sometimes taking medication. I know what works best for me, but everyone must choose what they feel comfortable with. I never liked groups sessions because I was uncomfortable around people. It was always a trust issue for me and the thought of sharing my trauma with others scared me. I loved the scripture the author used to remind us about peace. " Peace I leave you; my peace I give to you." ( John 14:27)  I have to remind myself of this scripture daily as anxiety tries to take over.

The book has subjects that really get to the heart of trauma and how to overcome it. I like the chapters where the author has included questions for readers to answer about your family life growing up. That is a hard one for me to fill out. I still have a long way to go, but I am a work in progress. The author writes a book that has great advice and examples of how to overcome what has kept us trapped. It may not be an easy road, but God is right there to help you.  I did enjoy the book and know this one will be one I will reread many times.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion








No comments:

Post a Comment