Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2019

CHECKED OUT by ELIZABETH SPANN CRAIG

The reason I wanted to read this book was because it was centered around a library. I worked at a library for over fifteen years and it was so much fun. The author describes the duties of a librarian perfectly.  You can feel yourself there among the stacks of books and the quiet atmosphere. I loved when the character described all the different services a library offers.

Ann is always at the library and her friends worry that she will never marry. Don’t you love friends that think everyone should be married in order to be happy?  I laughed at the rescue of the cats. Ann is drenched from head to toe as she tries to persuade two cats  that they would be safer out of their hiding place.

The story is easy to read and I was a bit surprised at how quickly a murder happened. I won’t say anymore because it would ruin the story. Ann is smack dab in the middle of the investigation. It is a fun story with a few laughs and a cat that steals the show in this intriguing cozy mystery.

I received a copy of this book from the Goodreads Giveaway. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment