Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2020

BLACKBIRD by MARY ALFORD

What an awesome story this is. There is no time to breathe as the action is non stop and the intrigue keeps you on the edge of your seat. Sara was someone I would want to hug and tell her that she is not judged by the sins of her father. She has to overcome the horrible crimes he committed and return home where it all happened. I would be a little uncomfortable wondering if the community would accept me.

What I liked the most about this story was how different it is from the typical Amish story. The author delivers a story that shows evil can happen anywhere. We always think of the Amish as peaceful and tranquil. Lurking in the darkness, the author explores another side that we don’t see among the Amish. The story involves several characters whose lives intersect each other. I was very intrigued by the relationship between Sara and  Hunter. I loved reading how Hunter needed to work on his bitterness towards Sara.  When Sara’s  own life is in danger will Hunter step up and protect her? Whay have the killings started again? With just the right twists in the story, the author achieves a book filled with forgiveness, acceptance and a mystery that is movie worthy.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

1 comment: