Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

AN UNLIKELY MATCH by BETH WISEMAN

This series is so much fun to read and the characters seem like family now. I adore Esther and Lizzie so much. These two women are full of life and make me laugh. Their schemes to matchmake always gives readers an adventure to read. Wouldn’t it be nice to stay at their Inn?

I loved the plot of this story where a production crew overtakes the Inn and surrounding land. Someone made a mistake when they  accepted  the booking. Oh I laughed so hard when the motor homes pull up with limos following close behind.  The noise of the generators are enough to make you run away. The author does an incredible job of letting us see two characters try to understand each other’s beliefs. 

Evelyn is a sweet quiet and hard working young woman. She has deep faith and her actions show how much she respects her heritage. The Amish have always fascinated me and this story talked about the differences between the Amish  beliefs  and other beliefs. 

Jayce is here with his father to help with the movie but their relationship is strained. His father is very stern and doesn’t seem to want to spend any time repairing his relationship with Jayce. I liked how Evelyn and Jayce became friends. I enjoyed reading how Jayce and Evelyn began to have feelings for each other but Evelyn is not sure she should let her feelings grow for him. They come from different backgrounds and have very deep conversations about God. I thought it was very interesting for them to question each other about what they believed in. There are many religions in the world so I think Jayce was a little confused why Evelyn believed one way when he was never taught that. This part of the story was well written and answered sone questions I have had about the Amish ways.

I cannot leave out my favorite character Gus. He is gruff, standoffish and a loner. I do think he may have a crush on one of the sisters who runs the Inn. I hope this gets more attention in the next book. His unhappiness is explained in the story and I wanted to give him a big hug. All these years he has been sad and now I know why. Don’t miss the excitement when Gus gets a part in the movie. There is a nice surprise about him that will have you respecting him even more. 

I loved this story so much because it shows how two people who are different are willing to listen to each other and follow their heart. Life is too short and they need to live each day in happiness. God is very important to both Evelyn and Jayce. The importance of prayer in the story is prevalent as they each seek God’s wisdom for their future. There is reconciliation, forgiveness and new beginnings that fill the pages of this inspiring story. 

I received a copy of this book from the author and Zondervan Publishing. The review is my own opinion.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment