Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Pieces of my Soul by Sabrina Samples

6244880
's review 
Jun 17, 15  ·  edit

Read on June 16, 2015

I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review

As I started this short book I soon realized I was enthralled with the writing style of Sabrina. In the book you find poems that show her raw emotions and transparency. Her words flow with depth, pain , sorrow and happiness. She uses such descriptive words to show her deep emotions. You can almost feel her tears as she writes about trying to be "The Perfect Girl."


In the poem, "Listen" she begs to be let go from the pain of not being in someone's life anymore. Her desperation to be set free from the pain sent shivers done my back.

"When I'm With You" is a poem that shared with readers the love she found with someone and the true devotion , honor and trust she feels for "The One." I loved Sabrina's ability to use her words to paint a picture of her deepest thoughts and draw her readers in with a glimpse into her soul. Sabrina has left pieces of herself scattered across every page and holds no emotions back. This book is one I will want to read over and over again . 

No comments:

Post a Comment