Search This Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Reluctant Assassin by J C Morrow

I received an advanced copy of this  book from the author for an honest review

Kayden has been chosen to complete a mission that will involve deceit and calmness to achieve her goal. She is transformed into a beautiful woman with the most fancy of dresses awaiting the arrival of the Prince with twenty-four other eager young women. They are all there vying for Dvarius's  attention. He is the prince that has come to the ballroom to select his princess.  As Kayden sees Dvarius enter the grand ballroom , she remembers her trainer saying to her, " Never let him see who you really are. You do belong there . Remember that."  To her surprise, the Prince  is headed straight to her. Their  eyes lock on each other as the author describes the Princes's eyes as " deep velvety chocolate." I could picture those eyes so vividly that I reread the sentence again, just to absorb the superb picture the words painted .

The Prince becomes very smitten by Kayden, much to the disgust of some of the members of his staff. As they begin to grow closer, he ponders if Kayden shares his faith. Dvarius is very deeply committed to his faith and it is of upmost importance that his bride share the same deep devotion of faith. Kayden knows that the prince is falling for her and she wonders "did my mission just get easier....or impossible ?" Can she complete her mission , or will love get in the way ?

The book is an explosion of intrigue and keeps you mesmerized by the author's gift for beautifully written words that come to life. I loved when the author wrote  " she felt like a flame -and he was the oxygen.'" Those words gave me chills and I knew I had to read faster to see what was coming up next. I was so engrossed in the book, I lost track of time. The ending of the story was intense and had me on the edge of my seat. I am thrilled to know that there will be another book to continue this story. I will leave you with this line from the book that captured my attention . " What if Cinderella had been sent to kill the Prince?"

No comments:

Post a Comment