Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2015

RECOVERY JOURNAL by JAMES BARS

I am glad I chose this book to read and review. I have read another book from the author and enjoyed how he explained things in simple terms, was not preachy but had compassion for his topic. Once again, I was not disappointed with his writing style.

He takes a subject like addiction and gives readers a journal that can be used to write your thoughts in as you are guided through a daily walk with laughter, scriptures and insights. For me the book represents freedom. It is time for  us to realize that God loves us. He wants us to be happy and not be weighted down with things that take our joy away. I have taken my time going through this journal and appreciate the materials that are in the book that can be used to help those who are struggling in areas. It does talk about addiction, and it made me think of something. At some point in our life , each of us has struggled with a type of addiction. It could be food addiction, alcohol, drugs or many other things. I will use this journal for the encouraging words that are in there and the scriptures that I may need for a certain day. God always has a plan for us and I would recommend this journal for anyone looking for understanding and hope. Thank you for writing a book that can be used by many and can reach people who struggle on a daily basis.

I received this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment