Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

MESSED UP MEN of the BIBLE by TINA SAMPLES & DAVE SAMPLES

As I was growing up I always looked up to my dad as a role model, but unfortunately he was not  the role model I had hoped for. "When father's struggle with being authentic, they leave muddy footprints on little girls' hearts."  But I have learned over the years that he wasn't perfect and I still honor and respect him today even though he has passed away.He was a messed up man but God saw past his imperfections and ordained him as a pastor of a church.

Women sometimes feel like they need to help their husband out when they mess up. What  we really need to be doing is encouraging him, listening  to him, praying for him and waiting on God. . Sometimes I think God needs a little help, but I end up getting in the way. I've learned that God doesn't need any help. He has this. He is there watching over our husbands and knows exactly what they need.

My husband is very talented and smart. He can airbrush murals that are breathtaking and his intelligence is amazing to me. There have been times in his job when he has been discouraged but the best thing I could do for him was pray and stand beside him. Nothing is more true than " the greatest need a woman needs is to feel secure." When that security is taken away, we feel lost and vulnerable. But God wants us to trust Him and know that even though we go through hard times, He is still there and He has a plan.

The book gives us twelve men from the bible and breaks down what each was having problems with. It is very in depth and gives great examples about control , depression, and other issues that the men had to face and overcome. It gives readers practical tools to apply to help our men feel confident and loved. I loved the examples of six things that men fear. They are authority, disrespect, feeling insignificant , failure, illness or death, and women. Those are big things to be fearful of, but God doesn't want us to live in fear. We can't fix our "messed up men" but we can pray for them as God changes them and they become warriors. Thank you for sharing your personal stories throughout the book. The book was very insightful with scriptures and bible studies at the end of every chapter to help us apply what we read . "Remember , it's not about changing messed up men but walking with them and coming to see them as God sees them."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review."

2 comments: