Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I'M SICK NOW WHAT? By DR. ANDREW BUTTERWORTH

I found the book to be quite interesting. I stumbled on something right away as I began to read. No where  in the bible does it state that God was ever sick. I don't know why I never thought of that before. He is called the healer and therefore no sickness was ever on Him. It is funny how you can read the bible many times , and suddenly revelation hits you. In fact when He created the earth, everyone was free of any type of illness.

I liked how the book was set up into different topics and at the end of each chapter were key points. Those points were helpful in reminding us what the chapter was discussing. I have heard many things about forgiveness. One thing I loved that the author  said about this was, "We can forgive at different levels , but to experience the health benefits forgiveness brings us, we need to forgive at the level of our heart." We can say we forgive, but we need and must truly experience a heart that is pure and clean of any unforgiveness . The book is filled with such key tools that help readers to understand the spiritual and physical healing. They work closely together and we need both to complete our healing.

Another subject the author talks about was stress. How many of us can raise our hands high that deal with stress? My hand is almost reaching to the sky for that question.  Stress can cause high blood pressure, depression and so many other things that before we know it, our body is screaming for relief. First thing we need to do is give the stress over to God. He doesn't want His people to be anxious. As I read the book more I could see the connection between spiritual health and physical health. They work together to give us a healthy lifestyle , but only if we choose to do so. That is a real eye opener. We choose to do unhealthy things to our body, then ask why we are sick.

"Sickness often brings to the surface things buried deep within us that may not have come to our attention had we remained well."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment