Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2016

THE FEATHERED BONE by JULIE CANTRELL

After reading this gripping novel I can only sit and stare at the wall. The emotional turmoil this book took me through was so powerful that I wanted to scream. Few authors can capture the essence of a feeling and have the reader feel it in their soul. I can say without a doubt this author took me into the depths of hell and showed me ugliness I never want to see again. It is such a powerful story that I could not stop reading it. The caliber of writing is far superior than well seasoned authors on the best sellers list today.

The book centers around a field trip where something very tragic happens. It is every parents worse nightmare. The consequences of that day will set a course for depression , domestic violence, suicide , trafficking and many more unthinkable horrors that is faced by children everyday. The author handles the different subjects with grace, but gives a believable look into a gritty underworld of abuse that only be survived by the grace of God. I loved how the author always focused on hope for the characters and gave a glimpse into the power of faith and determination.

I will without hesitation say this has to be at the top of my list of best books ever written. The author took characters and gave them a face with words that scattered across the pages as they came to life. There were tears shed as I finished the book. It has changed be forever and I won't forget the story of survival and torture that seeps through the pages of a book worthy of the best of the best in fiction.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment