Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2016

PRAISE IS MY WEAPON by DAN WILLIS

Love is the universal language. Everyone one of us wants to be loved , but sometimes we don't feel loved. When you just love Jesus, you are taking a "want to" approach and not "a have to" approach. I really like when the author said that. We don't have to love Jesus but I sure "want" to love Him. When you love Jesus you have a desire and want to make Him happy. We shouldn't  do it because we want something from Him, but because of who He is and what He did for us. He died on the cross because He loved us so much He wanted our sins to be washed away. What a sacrifice He made for us.

The author brings up a very good point about becoming numb or inactive when we are hurt or wounded. We look like a little child in a fetal position with no hope . We need to stand strong in our trials , praise Him through the storms and overcome the enemy. "On Christ the solid rock I stand." It is so encouraging to read the author talk about being more than conquerors. He says  to fight the spirits controlling whatever it is that is pushing us down. As I continued to read this powerful book, I could feel strength rising in me. Yes, I want to praise Him and yes I will praise Him no matter what.

"Praise means to magnify, glorify, and exalt the Lord." Are we doing that? Have we become too complacent and forget that we need to praise Him at all times? As we are praising Him, the enemy can't distract us. We need to place our focus on Jesus . "Praise is what manifests the promises of God! " The victory is in the Word of God. "

I cannot tell you how much this book has encouraged me to praise Him more and stop worrying about my circumstances. The author so plainly says, " If it's good, then it's from God; if it's evil, it's from the enemy." We need to recognize when it is the enemy is trying to do and ignore him. He is cunning and subtle, but  Jesus says, "My sheep hear my voice , and I know them, and they follow me." Thank you for a book that is uplifting , encouraging and reminds us to praise him at all times.

" Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise Ye the Lord," (Psalm 150:6)

I received  a copy of this wonderful book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment