Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

DAISY BELLE by JANICE THOMPSON

The cover of the book caught my eye right away. I love daisies. They are delicate, fresh smelling and come in a variety of colors. I opened the book and was transported back to Daisy, Oklahoma in the 1920s. The author does a great job of describing the town and giving some history on it. It made me think of another small town in Oklahoma that holds very fond memories. It is so refreshing when an author can have you relate to the story and feel as if you are home.

The townspeople are quite a bunch. I think one of  my favorite characters had to be the cranky woman in the story named Molly. She didn't care for the children that were staying at the orphanage and tried everything  she could to get rid of them. I loved her because even though she may have been mean on the outside, she so wanted to be needed by others. I think we can all relate to that feeling of wanting to be helpful and wanted. The author really does a good job of making Molly a vital part of the story.

Rena comes to town to take over running the orphanage and she has her hands full. The children are unruly and the house is in need of repairs. I loved how she went to Daisy, Oklahoma with an open heart ready to love the children. The children are full of energy and the pranks they play on Rena are comical. There are light hearted moments between Rena and the children that made the story very realistic.

Gene who is the sheriff is a great character with a heart for children. I loved his devotion to the orphanage and how he looked out for their well being. He is hoping that Rena will be able to give the children the love they long for. I found the story to be well written and loved how the emphasis was on being needed and loved. This is one story you won't be able to put down. The book is  filled with characters who want to make a difference, show love to others and a desire to feel needed. I highly recommend this book to those who like clean romances with laughter and sweet relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment