Search This Blog

Sunday, March 19, 2017

COUNTERFEIT by LEE CARVER

I was thrilled when I found out I was going to get to read this book. I love the author and think her writing is very detailed. Kendra is a wonderful character and I loved her artistic ability. When she travels to Amsterdam I felt like I was there with her. The vivid description is easy to imagine and the history of the place was well researched. Throughout the book I enjoyed the various artwork the author included and I appreciate the time she took to be precise about it. 

Kendra is a long way from home but decides what a wonderful place to improve her skills. She starts to paint famous paintings and is quite good at it. Her ability catches the eye of several people. One will suspect she is copying art and selling it as her own. The other person has more selfish and unlawful intentions towards her work. The story is suspenseful and it made me think what a great movie this would be. The art world has come to life in this fast paced book with interesting characters and a plot to put counterfeit art on the unsuspecting market. It's a race to catch the imposter as the book keeps you guessing . Thank you for your beautiful story that helps readers understand art better and takes us behind the scenes to a world few people get to experience. 

I received a digital copy of this book from the author and The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment