Search This Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2017

JOSEPH: THE OTHER FATHER by KATHERYN MADDOX HADDAD

My first thoughts after reading this book is WOW! My goodness the author brought someone from the Bible and made him so real to me . The story is about Joseph. Most of us know who Joseph was and how vital he was to the story of Jesus. What I liked about the book is how intricate each detail was. It could not have been easy to have a girlfriend pregnant during this time period. How do you explain that she is pregnant but you didn't have anything to do with it? The faith that Joseph had was undeniable. His fierce sense of protecting Mary was powerful.

As Jesus grew, Joseph patiently showed him the skills of a carpenter. I loved the details of the town they were in and the dangers that surrounded them. Joseph was a man that took his responsibilities with great determination. The author writes with great knowledge and brings a story that captivates readers with her words that glide seamlessly across the pages. I felt like I was there watching Jesus with his father as he became a man. The times they shared together as a family was beautifully written.

I loved how the author takes a character from the Bible and builds their story in a way that you feel like you know them personally. The historical research is well documented and made the story incredible. I am anxious to read more from this author.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network. The review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment