Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2017

ROAD TRIP OF DELUSION by JEAN ANN WILLIAMS

Every time I think about this book I get a big lump in my throat. The story made me think of my grandmother and how much I miss her. She was a small woman much like granny in the story. She couldn't see over the steering wheel and had pillows she sat on. I loved how the author took us a journey with emotions and faith as stories were shared and memories were made.

Granny is determined to take a trip in her Caddy even though she shouldn't be driving anymore. Her granddaughters can't just let  her go alone, so off they go at 3:00 am on a trip they will never forget. The author made me feel like I was in the car with them.i could fell the excitement Granny had until the car decided to stop running. I laughed as the  group went to a restaurant to eat. Granny wanted to have pea soup and requested that each girl try some. I can see the looks of their faces as the first taste went into their mouth. I must say pea soup doesn't look appetizing and it is an acquired taste.

The best part of the book for me was when they were snowbound and found an empty lodge to seek shelter. That is when the depth of faith and love really showed. The gentle care the girls showed for their granny was real  and made me realize how much they loved her. There are some comical moments in the book that had me laughing out loud. Granny talked about having to warsh something. I say warsh all the time and my kids are always correcting me. I grew attached to the characters and the author had me on edge while they were trapped at the lodge. The story is very well written and I loved how the author showed how important family and faith go hand in hand. This  will be a book I will not forget. It gave me some good memories of my grandmother and how she loved to tell stories like Granny did with her granddaughters. Thank you for writing a book that reminds us about perseverance, faith and the importance of family.

I received a copy of this book from the author and The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment