Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

WAIT FOR ME by JO HUDDLESTON

Here is another beautifully written book by one of my favorite authors. I loved Julie so much. She is a young woman who is ready to go to college. She has had a very comfortable  life. She is an only child and her family is quite wealthy.  Julie doesn't show off her wealth, and enjoys hanging with friends. It's funny that her mother thought she should not associate with children of coal miners. Her mother was a bit snotty . I think in the time period this was written, the wealthy thought it was beneath them to socialize with people who were not shall we say well off. I very much enjoyed reading about the coal mines. The workers risked their life everyday and many became sick later in life .

Julie's boyfriend is such a nice young man. He wants to make something of himself. I loved how much he respected Julie and believed they should not do anything until they are married. It was so refreshing to read how these two wonderful characters loved God and wouldn't allow temptation to deter them from their beliefs. One character really stood out to me. Her mother was at times judgmental and seemed to be very hard on Julie. I know her mom wanted the best for her daughter, but her bitterness was getting the best of her. There is something in the story that made me cry. I won't give it away but I will say that the author handled the subject with such grace and compassion. I can't forget go mention Julie's dad. Oh my goodness he was what I wished I had as a dad. He loved his wife and daughter unconditionally. He worked hard and treated his workers well. He did such wonderful and selfless things for others.

The story follows Julie and Robby as they tackle trying to be a couple , going to college and facing tragedy and hardships. Once again the author has written a story that penetrates the soul and leaves you with a sense of family , love and acceptance.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network and the author. The review is my own opinion.

2 comments: