Search This Blog

Sunday, August 6, 2017

A GROOM FOR CHRISTMAS by ANNE GREEN

I am a huge fan of this author. I love her writing style that is funny, full of adventure and always grounded on faith.  This story really took me back to a time when my granddad would talk about his adventures as a young married man. He and his wife traveled by covered -wagon to Oklahoma to homestead their land. As I read this story I was taken back to a time where people sought after their dreams and overcame many obstacles.

Felicity is a real looker but her sign advertising for a husband sure drew stares from the townspeople. She just has to find a husband and fast. She promised her daddy she would marry and homestead 640 acres . What would you do if you needed to find a husband fast? Well of course you put up a big sign in the store and wait for men to apply. Felicity sure had her hands full with all the men showing up to apply. I loved how her friend Jed took his promise to her dad seriously. There was no way she was going to travel without him. I loved how the author showed how dedicated Jed was to watch out for Felicity.

With her selection made the wagon-trains are ready to head out. Has she chosen the right husband? Ben has his own agenda. He wants to go to California to the gold rush.  Can he be trusted? I loved how the couple grew closer as they traveled the cold  trails and looked to each other for guidance and security. The story is one I really liked because I love stories about wagon -trails, and the difficult terrain they travel for a better life. I loved that the main characters had a direction that God gave them and watched as they relied on Him to show them where their life together would be. It's a great story filled with adventure, compromise and unconditional love.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment