Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Beloved Christmas Quilt

I am once again amazed at the depth of writing and emotion the authors  has given us. I loved that it not only included a story from Wanda, but also from Jean and Richelle. Each story is like a sweet song that you hear to gently calm you. The characters are so vivid that you want to be friends with them. I really didn't want the book to end because I felt like I had found people who were caring, loving and willing to help others without complaining. It is very family oriented and I loved how they made sure to have meals together. The love that the family members had for each other was well defined in each story. I hope the authors write another book together.

Luella's Promise by Wanda Brunstetter

It was easy to like Luella because she was so giving and compassionate. I loved how she stepped up and took care of her ailing friend Dena and her family. My tears flowed as Dena gave Luella such a precious gift and asked her to make a promise to care for her family when she was gone. I can't imagine how hard it was for Luella as she became close to Daryl and Atlee. I loved reading how nurturing Luella was with Daryl . Atlee is grieving and trying to do the best he can raising his son. It's funny how gossip starts when Atlee and Luella are seen in town together. What does Luella's parents think of her spending so much time at a widower's home? Will their age difference keep them from falling in love with each other? I loved the theme of compassion, love and helping in the story.

Karen's Gift by Jean Brunstetter

I loved how the story seamlessly continued from Luella's Promise. Karen is now grown and has a family of her own. I loved how she embraced being married and caring for her family. When they find out that their baby has something wrong with her, I thought the author did a great job of showing how they cope with it. I thought Seth was a wonderful husband and I did like the part about him going to his dad when things are burdening him. He is having a rough time at work and I sympathized with him when he had to deal with a co-worker. He has his hands full with three children and another on the way. Will Karen and Seth be able to handle the responsibility of raising a large family? Overall the story was good and I loved how the families come together to help each other out.

Roseanna's Groom by Richelle Brunstetter

What a wonderful story this was. I loved reading about Roseanna and her dilemma when her soon to be husband runs away during the wedding ceremony. What would you do if that happened to you? Roseanna is devastated and seemed to blame herself for John leaving. I really enjoyed the time Roseanna spent with her family while working through her problems. It was nice to see her rely on listening to God and not rushing to make a decision. The story gets a bit complicated when an old boyfriend of Roseanna's shows up. Will Roseanna decide to start a courtship with her old boyfriend? Can John learn to forgive himself ? I especially liked this story because it brought the entire family back together and how precious The Beloved Christmas Quilt was to pass down to a family member. I loved the book and have to say it was my favorite because it brought three generations together writing and working together.

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and the author. I was under no obligation to post a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment