Search This Blog

Saturday, September 23, 2017


The Road to Escape by Patricia Kiyono


I really enjoyed this short book. It allows readers to take in small town atmosphere and enjoy the warmth of friends and family. I liked Laurie and thought she was a good character. We get to know her as the story revolves around her and the diner she bought. It has been hard for her to start over but she is trying to fit in . What made her stop being a nurse? Is there someone in town trying to sabotage Laurie? I loved the picture the author painted with clear and precise words of the diner. It would be fun to sit and visit in the diner as you eat the delicious dishes that are  served.

Tom was an interesting character. He has lost his wife several years ago, but it is hard for him to let go of her memory. He begins to notice that something isn't quite right and after the doctor gives him a diagnosis, he decides he needs to make some changes. I loved reading a story about older people who have lived a happy life and now find themselves having to start over. I liked how the author slowly developed a relationship between Laurie and Tom. It is a nice story about family, friendship and finding love again. I am looking forward to reading more in this series.

I received a copy of this book from the Early Readers Program from Librarything. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment