Search This Blog

Thursday, January 4, 2018

AMISH SWEETHEARTS by AMY CLIPSTON

I really enjoyed each story and loved reading about the different couples. The author always writes with details and makes the story come to life. Each story in this collection will bring you a smile and remind you of unconditional love.

Love and Buggy Rides

This is a great story about Janie who witnesses an accident involving a buggy and car. She knows that the driver of the buggy was not at fault but has heard he is being blamed for the accident. Her father has forbade her to get involved as a witness. As Janie gets to know Jonathan they seem to strike up feelings for each other. It was interesting to read how Jonathan was a bit worried about their age difference. I thought he was a great character and was very respectful towards Janie. What happens when Janie goes against her fathers advice? This is a great story of doing the right thing and I loved the excitement towards the ending of the story.

A Home for Lindsay

This story really tugged on my heart strings. Matthew is a hard worker and is excited about building a home for his fiancĂ© Lindsay. That dream gets shattered when he finds out that his sister is losing her farm and land. All Matthew has wanted is to provide a home for Lindsay . How can he do that now that the land he is building on will no longer belong to the family? Lindsay is very aware that something is bothering Matthew. Why won’t he tell her what is wrong? I loved how the author shows how pride can get in the way of making good decisions. What happens when Lindsay finds out the truth? Can Matthew find a way to stay or will he walk away from the love of his life? This is a great story of communication and trust and faith.

Where The Heart Is

I can’t tell you how many times my dad would say “If you live in my house, you will obey my rules.” Tobias heard similar words from his dad when he starts to act out. His poor decisions causes friction and he leaves home. When he returns months later, how will the community react to him? He knows that he must face what he has done, but will the Bishop welcome him back? How will his family react when they see him? It must be very difficult to stand before a congregation and admit your sins. I could hear Tobias’s heart thumping out of his chest as he stood before the church. His relationship with his dad is something I really enjoyed reading about. It’s a great story about forgiveness and starting over.

Love Birds

Oh my I loved this story so much. It has been hard on Ellie and her mother since her dad and brother both passed away . The community is helping with chores at the farm, but money is still tight. When an opportunity arises to work at a shop, Ellie thinks it will help them out financially. I loved Ellie’s enthusiasm to help out with finances and her desire to contribute to the household funds. Lloyd is doing all he can to help his friend’s family . I really enjoyed reading about the bird carvings that Lloyd makes. I could picture the delicate dove he carved and how special it was. When he gives it to Ellie as a special gift to remember her brother, she gets emotional . I won’t give the story away, but it is a great lesson in forgiveness and helping others.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment