Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2018

SURVIVAL OF THE FRITTERS by GINGER BOLTON

What a great start to a promising series. I love little towns and reading about the people who live there. Emily is the perfect character for this series. She is sweet and loves being part owner of Deputy Donut. I just love that name for a shop. It sounds inviting and oh my the smells of delicious coffee brewing would drive anyone to her shop. She offers the most tantalizing donuts around and her regular customers are an assortment of fun characters.

I loved being introduced to the Knitpickers. What a wonderful assortment of older women who brighten the shop each day they are there. When one of the members doesn’t show up for their morning get together, the group becomes concerned. Georgia is always punctual and her tardiness is very suspicious. The author does a great job of leading us up to the murder with little clues that are hidden cleverly in hints throughout conversations. I was saddened by who was found dead because I wanted to get to know her better, She sounded so nice and fun to be around.

The author takes us on an adventure where suspects seem to come out of the woodwork. I kept thinking I knew who it was, but the author does  a great job of adding details that make me start suspecting others. I liked the underlying story of Emily and Brent. This relationship has some history that is tragic and keeps them at arms length. I’m cheering for them to reconcile and deal with the past, but will it happen? The story is well written and I didn’t want it to end. It’s a great adventure and I loved the twists that the author throws in to keep readers on the edge of their seat. Don’t miss this first in a series that is action packed. The author has included recipes at the end of the book that you don’t want to miss.

I received a copy of this book from The Goodreads Giveaway Program. The review is my own opinion.


1 comment: