Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2018

COLD TERROR by SUSAN SLEEMAN

The book starts off with action and never ends which kept me on the edge of my seat. I liked Hannah right away. I loved reading about her job as a forensic sketch artist. It is a very rewarding job that can give closure to families. After losing her husband in a tragic accident, Hannah is trying to pick up the pieces of her life.

Taking a vacation with her son seemed like a great idea until danger enters her cozy little cottage. The struggle she had with the intruder was intense and I held my breath as she tries to escape. When Gage is introduced in the story , I instantly liked him. I love stories about Navy Seals and their determination to do their mission. It was interesting to read that Hannah and Gage knew each other.

There is definitely some friction between the two, but Gage is going to keep Hannah and her son safe at all costs. Hannah seems a bit hesitant to trust Gage. Will she allow Gage to do his job and catch whoever is after her?  I loved how Hannah began to realize that God had a plan for her. When something goes wrong in your life, you tend to blame God. You forget that he has never left you. The fact that Hannah finally grasped that helped her to learn to trust Gage.

The story is a great start to a new series that promises intense action and characters that jump off the pages. I really enjoyed the time Hannah and Gage spent together letting each other know of pain from their past. The author does a great job of allowing us to see the vulnerable side of Gage. He is a tough guy and is fierce at his job, but he lets his guard down a bit when he is around Hannah.  The ending is high caliber action. I can't forget to mention how creative the author is about how Hannah is being tracked by someone who wants her dead. It's a very well written story that reminds us to forgive, trust God and never give up.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment