Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2018

CAUGHT BY SURPRISE by
JEN TURANO

If you are familiar with the author you know that her characters are fun, independent and very opinionated. Well I'm talking about the women in her stories. I love how she makes them strong, funny, and at times unpredictable. Temperance is a perfect name for our main character. Her temper is quick but she knows what she wants. Now how did she find herself kidnapped ? Temperance loves adventure but I'm sure this is not what she had in mind. I laughed so hard as she is whisked away on an adventure that will keep readers entertained with her shenanigans. The author has created a character that is such fun I have decided I want to join her on her trip. She would be such a hoot to travel with. 

Gilbert takes it upon himself to save the damsel in distress. Has anyone told Gilbert that Temperance can handle herself just fine? He is in for some real fun and games as he travels with Temperance. I loved when Gilbert asked Temperance, " You'll stay out of trouble?' Oh Temperance you have stolen my heart with your full of life heart and adventure that will send you on a journey you will not expect.

Now lets examine this tangled tale before we go any further in the story. Did you  miss the part where Temperance was kidnapped, but the wrong woman was kidnapped. So who was the real person who was to be kidnapped and why? Gilbert is so focused on marrying Temperance to keep people from talking  about why they were traveling on the train together, that he forgot to investigate why it even happened in the first place. Now on to the story folks. I see a mystery has emerged and it is getting good. Someone is not telling the truth and just what are they hiding? Is it time to take this kidnapping serious? Well I for one want to tell Temperance to watch her back. Something fishy is going on and it doesn't look good for Temperance right now.

One of the best parts of the entire story is the tug of war between Temperance and Gilbert. He is all for protecting her and, well we know Temperance. She is fighting him all the way. Just a little advice, Temperance, I love your independence, but for goodness sake let the poor man protect you. I don't know why but they remind me of Lucy and Ricky. I am enjoying every moment of this book and love how gifted the author is by giving us characters we can laugh with, cheer for and pray with.

This story is filled with intrigue, is unpredictable and danger lurking around every corner. Can Temperance and Gilbert solve the mystery before they get hurt? Why are family members out to get them? It's getting harder to trust family members when they seem to be deceitful. Don't miss this great adventure that will keep you entertained while trying to unravel the mystery surrounding Temperance.

I received a copy of this book from  the author and Bethany House. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment