Search This Blog

Saturday, April 20, 2019


DEAD RINGER by SUSAN SLEEMAN

What would it be like to suddenly find out a secret from your past that shatters your world? Emory will face that crisis in a fast pace story that delivers an exciting ride into secrets and danger. The author has really stepped up her game in this latest book. The characters are relatable and fierce. Emory is determined to find out the truth as she helps Blake find a missing woman.

It was fun to have old friends from the Blackwell Tactical Team in this story. I am fascinated by the knowledge the author has with weapons and tactical teams. I can’t image bring a part of an elite group like that without my heart thumping out of my chest at every mission. Emory and Blake are both hard headed and it makes for a tug of war of ideas between them. I think of this story as CSI meets Criminal Minds meets Chicago P.D..

The beginnings pages set the tone for an action packed journey as one woman fights for her life as another one tries to discover who she really is Emory knows she can decide what to do with the information about her sister as we.all have free will. I’m sure God has rolled his eyes at me a few times with my decisions. It’s nice to know that we do have the freedom to choose and I’m thankful I choose to follow Him everyday. Emory and Bake will face roadblocks, trust issues and learn about forgiveness and unconditional love. This is a great start to a new series and one I will be following closely as I  await the next book to come out.

I received a digital copy of this book from the author . The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment