Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2019


LIVING LIES by NATALIE WALTERS

The book is sure to please mystery buffs with secrets, lies and a murder. The author does a great job in keeping the story moving at a fast pace. I loved learning about paintings and all that is involved in an art gallery.

Lane is a good character who comes from a very influential family. It was hard for Lane to pretend everything was grand when she suffers from depression. I appreciate how the author writes about anxiety and depression with honesty and compassion. So many people suffer from depression and it is hard to find the right treatment. I loved Lane'swill power to deal with it in a positive manor. Her family seems to want to hide it from the world, which puts Lane in a difficult position at times.

The story is dark at times with realistic views of PTSD and depression which I think enhanced the story line. The last thing Lane needs in her life is to stumble upon the body of a young girl in the woods. This is where we meet the charismatic Deputy Charlie Lynch. He is fierce with a background in the military. He takes to Lane right away and has compassion for her and her adorable son. His intelligence is obvious when he realizes Lane is hiding something. Will she trust him with her secret?

I loved the setting of a small town and how neighbors look out for each other. The mystery of a painting really increases the speculation of who is involved with the murder and how it ties into a possible drug problem. Who is Miguel and why does he feel that Lane needs protecting? I found Miguel to be a lost soul tossed aside by society due to PTSD. My heart went out to him and I wanted someone to give him a helping hand.

 I was impressed with the details of drug smuggling and new ways they are able to transport drugs undetected. The town is in an uproar when someone lets slip who they think killed the young girl. You could feel the chaos and rumors as the crowd gathers at what they think is the killer's home. The author brings us a story that keeps you guessing right up to the end. I have found a new author to add to my list who writes with intensity, honesty and an element of faith.




I received a copy of this book from Revel  Publishing. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment