Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2019

WELCOME TO THE PAINTER PLACE REVIEW PROMO BLAST PRESENTED BY
CELEBRATE LIT





In June of 1985, Caroline Painter's uncle whisks her away from her island home at Painter Place to film an art video in the harbor village of Mevagissey. But instead of clearing her head, the young artist becomes entangled in adventure on the English Channel when she influences a rock star's contract and the media launches her into fame. When she returns home, she discovers a shattering secret that makes her question everything in her life. Can she trust the only one who says he understands?




Pamela Poole's love for the South inspires all her books and paintings. She has written three novels and two short stories that take place on the fictional island in the Painter Place Saga, and she will launch the fourth book in 2019. Pamela is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and various author and artist organizations. She and her husband Mark live in Raleigh, North Carolina.




Author Social Media
Pamela Poole, Artist and Author, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PamelaPooleArt

Pamela Poole, Artist and Author, Twitter:https://twitter.com/PamelaPooleArt

Pamela P. Poole, Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/pamelapooleart

Author blog on Southern Sky Publishing:
https://www.southernskypublishing.com/blog


Tweets
"A young artist's life is upended by a shattering secret"
"An island, an artist, a secret"
"Caroline will never live an ordinary life"
"It's always been you"


Easy hashtags:
#cleanromance
#inspirational
#womensfiction
#mustread
#christian
#romance
#mustread
#bookreview
#womensfictionInstagram hastags:
#fridayreads
#bookreview
#bookphoto
#greatreads
#bookoftheday
#bookcommunity
#bookfeaturepage


#booksofinstagram


Review.jpg


I enjoyed the story and especially loved reading about painting. My husband airbrushes, so I am always amazed at how someone can turn a canvas into art. Caroline is a sweet young woman who is very gifted. Reading about her different paintings was easy to visualize. The time period was a breath of fresh air for me. I don't remember many books set during this time and it was fun to be reminded of what it was like. I loved the references to bands like Kansas. I remember listening to them and ot brought back some good memories for me.

The author does an excellent job of describing places and making readers feel like they are there. Caroline is offered a chance of a lifetime to go with her uncle to England to film an art series. I would be jumping up and down if given that chance to visit England. I loved the romance in the book and how easy it was for Caroline to share her faith with others. There is a particular person she leads to Jesus that was so well written, I cried. It reminded me to not pass up a chance to share Jesus with others.


I loved how the author explored trust with the characters. Caroline is definitely struggling with this issue when someone from her past shows up. I liked Chad and felt he was a gentleman trying to find forgiveness. Will Caroline give him a second chance?  It was so nice to read how important it was to stay pure until marriage. I think that is what makes me like Chad so much. He has strong morals and is trying to win Caroline back.



The story is a look at what happens when secrets are exposed and learning how to forgive. We all have trust issues and can be stubborn when it comes to forgiving. I loved how Chad and Caroline slowly started to open up to each other and share their feelings. The story is a great example of putting God first in your life and allowing Him to be part of your marriage. 

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment