Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2019

STORM RISING by RONIE KENDIG

I am amazed at how talented this author is. She is able to write a story that jumps off the pages and becomes real. You can feel yourself there as the team is in tunnels scrambling for their lives. Her knowledge about the Navy Seals, CIA and other agencies is evident in the details she provides.

Leif is everything you expect in a team leader. He is determined, powerful and never gives up. I loved that he was in charge and knew this was going to be an adventure with danger, intrigue and casualties. The action is non stop and brings chills as you read the enemy they face. I loved the military influence in the story and how technology became a factor in helping their their mission.

There is someone who doesn’t want Leif and his team to succeed and it makes for thrills and surprises throughout the story. There is a bit of romance in the book that is worth mentioning. It’s  not  the main focus of the story but it sure puts some things into perspective at times. I know the team has a very important task , but there is always time for a little romance to lighten up the intensity a bit.

This by far is the author’s best book with characters that are realistic and a thriller that takes us across the world into the far reaches of enemy territory. There is a continuous surge of danger and oh my the  team does make me feel very protective in this crazy world we live in. I would definitely want Leif and his team to be front and center should any danger arise around us. I know they are just characters, but to me the author has made them so genuine and real, you can almost see them in the desert fighting. This is one story that has all the elements for a best seller. I am already anxiously awaiting the next book in this series.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher. All opinions in this review are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment