Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2019

YOU BELONG WITH ME by TARI FARIS

I love reading debut books by an author. It is exciting to see how their writing is and get familiar with their style. In this story we are taken into a small town set in Michigan. The people are friendly and seem to help each other out. Hannah is a nice character that hasn't had the best life growing up. She has always wanted to belong somewhere and to feel the love of a family.

The author has written a story that is emotional and filled with great characters. We all want to belong somewhere and that is at the heart of this book. Luke is another example of overcoming his upbringing in foster care to a man who desires to have a family. There is some background on each character that is just below the surface which the author explores over the course of the story.

I loved the love triangle and thought it was written with realism. I know who I am rooting for and couldn't read fast enough to find out what happens. This is the kind of story you can get lost in and forget everything around you. I became invested in the characters and loved how real they seemed. Get ready for a surprise in the story that will make you say, "Oh my"

I am glad that I have a new author to read and look forward to the next book she writes. This book may be her debut but her writing skills far surpass many authors that have been  writing for awhile. Get ready for an adventure filled with family, faith and hard decisions.

I received a copy of this book from the Early Reviewers Program from LibraryThing. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment