Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2020

ISAIAH’S LEGACY by MESU ANDREWS

The depths that the author takes readers to is phenomenal. Each word echoed in my heart and the story unfolded. I love reading Biblical stories that capture the truth and take me back in time. I didn’t know much about King Manasseh until this book brought his story to light. Tucked in the pages of the Bible was a King that          many feared and was the essence of darkness surrounding them.  

It is interesting to note that Manasseh was autistic and people had a hard time relating to him. He had a desire to be accepted and I think that became his downfall towards an evil path. The story is dark and at times hard to read, but I appreciate the author not shying away from the truth. I wanted to stop reading the book at times because it was so hard to fathom what was happening. The enemy is always there waiting for a chance to crawl into someone’s  mind and make them doubt the existence of God.
The story suggests that Manasseh was the first prodigal son and I can see how that could have been true. The author does let readers know that this story is not an easy read, but it definitely made me do some soul searching. The battle is real between good vs evil and I held on to hope that God would proclaim victory. This is one story that had an impact on my life and led me to a deeper hunger for God.

I received an arc copy of this book from the author and publisher. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment