Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

KINGS CROSSING by RONIE KENDIG

If you have not read a book by this author, you are doing a disservice to yourself. Her writing style is on point with top notch action and intrigue that explodes across the pages. The characters are well developed and trained experts in t completing their mission.

 The book digs deep into the dark world of spies, assassins and pure evil. Lief is my very character with his strength and attitude. He won’t allow anything to get in the way of his mission. I loved his fierce loyalty to his team and tried not to let anything  distract him. Iskra and  Leif have friction between them but I think it made them stronger as a team. They have an important task before them and need to put aside their differences for now. I call  their relationship a slow burn that sizzles just at the top. It needs attention but the author allows readers to get  small doses at a time.

I became impatient with myself as I tried to read as fast as I could. There are so many “I didn’t see that coming moments,”that I was nearing the edge of my seat. I had to hold on  as the story dove deep into enemy territory. It’s a race against time as secrets are exposed and terror surrounds Leif and Iskra. Without giving anything away, I will say the author has written a story that screams for justice and prayers that the team stays safe and conquers their quest. I have a few questions I hope to get answers to in the next installment of the series. Get ready for the ride of your life in this story  that whisks you away  to foreign countries and in contact with people who will do anything to protect what is theirs.

I received a copy of this book from the author and Bethany House. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment