Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2020

THE CHRISTMAS SWAP by MELODY CARLSON

I love reading  Christmas books anytime of the year. It is getting close to the holidays and this charming story put me right in the holiday spirit.  I loved the concept of swapping houses at Christmas time. I know I would have picked going anywhere where snow is since I have never seen it. It sounded like it would be fun for Emma to tag along with her friend Gillian and her family to Colorado.

I did not care for Gillian at all. She is self centered and has a horrible attitude. It was clear that Gillian got her attitude from her mother. My oh my did Gillian’s mother complain about everything. The house wasn’t good enough, she was cold, the decorations were not to her liking. I think she and Gillian should have just flown home.

The premise of the story centers mostly around Emma and West. I won’t go into much detail about who West is because I want  that to be a surprise. I did like how West and Emma hit it off, but Gillian was green with envy. She finds out a huge secret about West and wants him for herself. The story is cute but lacking in some areas. I did like the back and forth with Emma and  West  but I wanted more depth to their characters. The story seemed to end abruptly and I feel like it didn’t really have a satisfactory closing. It was too predictable and left me with questions more than answers.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment