Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2021

PRESENT DANGER by ELIZABETH GODDARD

Nothing gets my attention more than an explosive start to a book. A plane crash in the mountains opens up this fast  paced story and gains momentum as each chapter unravels. I love how the author has characters that are determined, fierce and a little history between them. The action is chaotic at times and keeps me bolted to my chair. I couldn’t wait to see what mystery I would try to solve.

It is easy to like Jack because he is the type that takes charge and never gives up. There is something in his past that distracts him at times but that just makes him a little mysterious at times. Maybe it’s the job he does that causes him to be so intense at times. 

Coming onto the scene is Terra. Now she is a little complicated as she has this thing about proving herself. Oh and did I mention that her and Jack have a past together. I really liked learning about artifacts and National Parks. It intrigued me to find out that there are people willing to go to great links to take valuable and historical items from their natural in-habitat. 

With a possible smuggling ring going on, bodies piling up and danger everywhere this is one of my favorite books from the author. I don’t want to give much detail because then you will know the whole story. I do know that the author throws in twists that had me shaking my head. I just knew I had figured out everything and bam she kicks it up a notch. Be ready for a few hours of intense drama that will leave you looking for more books from this very talented author. 

I received a copy of this book from The Librarything Early Reader Program and the author. The review is my own opinion, 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment