Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2023


 CAPPUCCINO CRIMINAL BY TONYA KAPPES

In the quaint town of Honey Springs, the Bean Hive Coffee Shop is the heart and soul of the community, and its vivacious owner, Roxy Bloom, is always ready to serve up a steaming cup of java with a side of gossip. But when a brewing storm of real estate treachery ends with the cold-blooded murder of a local agent, Roxy finds herself in the thick of a frothy whodunit that's anything but decaffeinated.

The victim, a hotshot real estate agent, had been spearheading a massive development project that went sour after an intrepid environmentalist unearthed a reason for the town to put the kibosh on the plan. Now, with the town's picturesque charm drawing tourists in droves, Roxy must grind through a list of suspects as long as a coffee bean's journey from farm to cup.

From double-shot deceptions to espresso intrigues, Roxy's quest to unmask the Cappuccino Criminal will plunge her deep into the dark heart of Honey Springs' seedy underbelly. As she sifts through a muddy mixture of secrets, lies, and steamed milk, Roxy will have to rely on her wit, intuition, and the help of her loyal friends to solve the mystery before it boils over and scalds them all.

In this steamy, cozy mystery with a frothy blend of suspense and humor, the stakes have never been higher—or the coffee stronger. It's time for Roxy Bloom to pull the perfect shot and catch the Cappuccino Criminal before their next bitter brew leaves someone else in the grinder. So, curl up with a cup of your favorite beverage, and join Roxy in this un-put-downable tale of murder, mystery, and macchiatos.

Killer Coffee Cozy Mystery is a series about small town gossip, family, friends, and putting differences aside when troubles brews.
Do you love to read about family and friendships?
Do you enjoy holidays, festivals, and celebrations?
What about when life isn't always rosy?
This series has all of that and more along with twisty turn mysteries that will have you rooting for the entire town of Honey Springs.


MY REVIEW

I am back in Holy Springs, Kentucky with my dear friend Roxy. Visiting her at her adorable coffee shop is the highlight of my day. Oh did I mention that the author has given me the feeling that I am actually part of the story? Well let’s see what happens as there seems to be a little disturbance in the coffee shop. Someone is not happy about some land development and threats are made. Roxy is not happy with this happening in her coffee shop and asks one of them to leave  the shop. 

I loved how much research  went into this book with details of land development and what steps need to be made in order to build. There sure is a lot of talk about the new project and it seems  that  not everyone is happy with change. I know I don’t do well with change either. The town is divided on the plans but all that comes to a screeching halt when a murder takes place. Roxy is now in investigation mode as a prominent fixture in the community has been killed. There are many suspects and I was so sure this time I would figure out who the guilty person is. I loved the twists in the story and how the author gives clever clues that sometimes made me think I had solved the case. 

Get ready for a story that will keep  you guessing and some oh my scenes as suspect after suspect start to get Roxy’s attention. Roxy does get herself into to a jam when she starts to question people who could be dangerous. I like how she loves her town and wants to make sure that it stays safe as she continues to solve the crime. In this case I was shocked at the outcome and would never have guessed what happened. Once  again the  author delivers a great  story that kept me glued to the  book and reminded me that small towns are a great place to find a sense of community as people look out for each other. 

I received a digital copy of the book from the author. The review is my own opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment