Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2015

AMONGST THE FLAMES by T. K. CHAPIN

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads for an honest review The story is centered around Cole and Megan who are married and have two children. He is a firefighter and she is a stay at home mom. Cole love his job, but it is dangerous and keeps him away from his family a lot. The author does a great job of describing the inner workings of a fire station and the tight brotherhood at the station. It is a dangerous job, but very rewarding . I loved when the author said, "It's a story that will inspire you to look at life differently and challenge you to believe that with God even the worst fire you face is nothing in comparison with His power, grace and mercy." We all will face trails in our life and this book does an amazing job of showing how Cole and Megan deal with a troubled marriage. Sometimes we don't realize anything is wrong until it is almost to late. The book is encouraging as it reinforces how important God is in the marriage. Megan decides one day, that she can't take anymore and leaves Cole. He is devastated and seems to be surprised at her departure. One of the keys to restoration is forgiveness and trust. The book eloquently takes the characters through their pain and shows through scripture and prayer that nothing is impossible with God. This may be a fictional book, but as I read it I felt like I was reading my own story. Many parts of the story hit home and I am glad I could receive without condemnation , the full forgiveness that He gave me when I walked this familiar path that Cole and Megan did. "Loving a flawed person is never easy, but if we marry someone, we are called to love them like Christ loved the church."

No comments:

Post a Comment