Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2016

WISH YOU WERE HERE by SABRINA SAMPLES

I have just read a book so emotionally charged that it took my breath away. I love when an author writes with depth and shows a piece of  them that is raw and filled with great insight. This short book of poems honors the authors dad. Throughout the book we get glimpses of a bond between father and daughter that was so richly filled with admiration and love. As I read each poem I felt tears fall down my face. Sabrina Samples writes such heartfelt words that pierce the soul. Her pain and loss of her father is deep and through her words, she shares a tiny piece of a life taken to soon.

I tried to pick out one poem that was my favorite, but that was impossible. Each poem has its own story to tell and its own emotions to share that give readers a picture of unconditional love. Her loss was hard for a young girl to deal with and with each poem she has put her feelings down to forever remember her father. Take your time as you read this powerful book and absorb the quality of a well written book . At the end of the book there are several handwritten notes the author has written to her dad on special moments in her life. I loved those notes so much and I know he is proud of you Sabrina.

"If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died."

No comments:

Post a Comment