Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

SPOKEN FROM THE HEART: CHOOSING GRACE by CHERI SWALWELL

From the very first page, I knew I was in for a beautiful word from God. Ms. Swalwell writes gracefully from the heart and gives readers nuggets of wisdom. The story she shared about the closeness she has with her sister was so inspiring. What a blessing it was to read that even though it was going to be difficult to see her sister move so far away, she chose grace and made the move easier to deal with. I wonder how many times we have been selfish and made people feel guilty or hurt because we didn't like their choice?

I especially liked the chapter that talked about sharing our opinions with others. We all seem to think that we are entitled to share our opinions and at times force others to agree with us. We must really think we have arrived and been chosen to be in charge with that attitude.  "We are not to judge, criticize or even try to make someone believe my views."  So many  of us today are quick to judge, point out sins that others have and then shun them. I remember the story in the bible about the woman who was an adulteress. Everyone was ready to stone her . But Jesus said, " Ye who is without sin, cast the first stone." Of course no one could throw a stone because we all have sinned. It's time for us to accept people and love them.

Another topic Ms. Swalwell talked about was so interesting to me. Yes I have asked the same question over and over again. Why do bad things happen to good people? If God loves everyone , why does he allow a child to get sick, a spouse to suddenly die, or a family to suddenly be  without a home ? What I never thought about was that I'm not in charge. God knows exactly what He is doing and why He is doing it. "Even though we aren't in charge of how grace will look, it is our job to trust that our Heavenly Father knows what's best and has it under control. "

I have been blessed so much by this amazing book.  It has given me a new way to look at things and to really examine my heart. God gives us grace, but have I been giving grace to others? I am honored that I was able to read a book that gave me a better understanding of grace. "When God extends His grace, His peace follows."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment