Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

8 STEPS TO ACHIEVE YOUR DESTINY by SAMUEL R. CHAND

The book is an excellent source of information to help you become a better leader. in order to become a great leader you need to surround yourself with like minded people. I liked when the author said that you want to be around others that are going to be honest with you. They will not lead you down the wrong path, but will help guide you and encourage you.

I loved when the book said, "To grow as a leader, grow other leaders." I remember when I was a supervisor I had a person who was so difficult to work with. She did the opposite of what I asked her to do and seemed to always cause discord in the group. What I finally realized was she had great leader skills and I used those skills to help the department run smoothly. Slowly she began to blossom and became a supervisor in another department.

It is so true that we don't want people just  like us because we won't really grow . We need people with different skills that can help us strengthen our skills. If we just hire people that only know as much as us, we certainly can't grow. Surround yourself with people who are more experienced so you can learn from them. I remember a manager that didn't like me because I knew more about the job and she felt threatened. What she needed to do was let me share my knowledge , but instead she became very hard to work with and found fault with my work.

The book is very informative  and really gives you sound advice as you achieve to be a better leader. We do need to learn to focus on one thing we are good at, and improve ourselves in that area. Sometimes we tend to try to do too many things that we are ok at, instead of focusing on the one thing we are great at. The author does a great job in giving examples of companies that have overcome obstacles to become a better and larger organizations.  Overall the book is a great tool to read as you grow as a leader, cast your vision and transform "your attitude, thinking, and commitments."

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."  Ecclesiastes 3:1

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion and I was not compensated for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment