Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

THE OCCUPIED by CRAIG PARSHALL

Wow! Where do I start with this captivating and intriguing book. It is not for the faint of heart but it sure packs a punch  with adventure into good vs evil that explodes at every turn. I have read some of the authors other books which have always  captivated me  . This book is the best I have read about the demonic spirit with realism. It is a story that had me looking over my shoulder a few times. The graphic descriptions of the demons are superior to anything I have ever read. I could picture them in their grotesque form as they came to invade and torture Trevor.

Trevor is a very well developed character that takes on the dark forces with strength and trust in God. I'm not sure I could be that brave. Would you be prepared to fight against the evil spirits and not back down? I'm sure Trevor never thought when he was messing with the supernatural as a teenager  that when he became older he would be fighting them. I absolutely loved the writing and intense scenes as they drew me into the story with goosebumps going up and down my arms. When Trevor discovers that he can not only smell the demons but see them, he uses his abilities to help solve a murder. Did he know the person who was killed? Did it have anything to do with his past?

Not everyone is pleased when he starts investigating on his own and finds himself not liked with the local police. Ashley comes in contact with Trevor as she is investigating the same crime . There was definitely not a love at first sight between these two. Her character is strong but not very trusting. She has some personal issues that will pose a roadblock for her. Can she overcome her trauma and help Trevor ? Their relationship is slow to develop which was very nice and I loved how Trevor witnessed to Ashley. Will she believe that there is a God?

This book takes a subject that many  people won't talk about and brings it to the surface with spine tingling realistic dialogue and scriptures that are brilliantly placed throughout the story. I am hoping that the author continues Trevor's story . I highly recommended this book to anyone wanting to read a fictional account about demonic spirits that explodes with action and intensity.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review. The review is my own opinion and I was not compensated for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment