Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2016

GETAWAY WITH GOD by LETITIA SUK

In the world today it seems like women have busy schedules. There are meetings  to attend, errands to run, chores to get through and a family to take care of. When was the last time you took a day for yourself? How long has it been since you and God shared a meaningful talk or spent time in His presence? For me I seem to always have something I need to do, but it's time for each of us to relax and have a "me and God" time. I have gone to my share of retreats. They are fun and there is always great teachings and fellowship. But I always feel kinda let down when I leave . It feels like I wasn't really there totally because I couldn't concentrate.

I loved when the author says, " A retreat beckons you to snuggle up with God and let him love on you." That is exactly what I need. I want one on one time with God. I loved  the idea of finding a quaint little bed and breakfast to use as a personal retreat. There is no hustle and bustle there, no schedules and you are left to yourself to enjoy the peace and quiet. The author includes a list of helpful ways to get ready for your retreat and even includes what to pack for your trip. Now it's up to us to move forward and prepare for the retreat.

There are different retreats that will meet your needs. Maybe you just want to stay in your room and rest and study a particular scripture. For others it might be to take a walk in the country and enjoy the beauty that He  made. Whatever you decide,  make it fit your needs so you can get the full benefits of a personal retreat. The more I read the book the more I felt the promoting of the Lord . I have longed to get away to just be by myself for awhile. I know I need to get back on track and deepen my relationship with God. The book is very useful and guided me through steps to make my desire come true. I encourage you ladies to take that first step. It's time to get refreshed, renewed and "Getaway with God."

" You too have a future that only God can see, and He invites you to have a hand in shaping it."

I received a copy of this book from Kregel Publications. This is my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment