Search This Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2017

CLAIMING PEACE by JO HUDDLESTON

I really like this series and love revisiting the Callaway family. I love the era that the story is set in. In the 1950s things were so much simpler and it seemed that the entire town knew each other. The characters are wonderful and it felt like coming home again as I read the book. The author has a gift for writing stories that are emotional, faith based and family oriented.

Callie is a very strong woman who loves taking care of her family. I loved how her character was so gracious to others and always willing to pitch in when needed. Everything changes for Callie one day when she gets a devastating diagnosis from her doctor. Will this cause Callie to get discouraged? Can she continue to have faith and trust God? Her husband Arthur is one of my favorite characters. He is very caring, loves his family and is a man who Is willing to sacrifice anything to make his wife comfortable during her illness. I thought he was selfless and even when he was weary he continued on. There were several times when he was emotionally drained and I loved how he reached out to God  and friends for strength.

I have to mention EmmaJean  who was such a joy to get to know. She lives with her brother and sister-in-law and has someone special in her life. Will she find love and settle down? I loved her attitude and willingness to step up and help out Callie and her family. Throughout the book the author shows how an illness can change the calm everyday life to an emotionally draining ordeal.

As Callie's illness starts to overtake her body will she find peace ? Can her family continue to care for her and be strong during this hard time? Callie's emotional strength is so well written and I found myself crying as the book showed  how important family is. I won't give anything else away but be prepared for a journey of love, unconditional love, and faith that brings everyone together. The book reminds us that we don't have to be alone during hard times. Thank you for a wonderful story that will encourage readers to reach out to each other in times of need.

"We only have the abilities God gave us, and we make mistakes."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment