Search This Blog

Thursday, June 1, 2017

DAREDEVILS by ANNE GREENE

I love books from different eras and this one is a winner. It's a short read, but oh my does  it have outstanding characters. I really enjoyed learning about wing-walkers and the dangers they faced. It's nice to read about a subject that the author has researched with great detail. The time period of this story is set in 1925 where there were women who were willing to risk everything to do something they loved .

You can't help but fall in love with Gloria. She is one smart lady with talent that can only be described as death defying. I can't imagine being on top of an airplane doing tricks with no safety equipment in place. Gloria is known to do some unbelievable stunts. When she strikes up a deal with Rand to join him on his shows, I'm not sure either one really trusts the other. The story is fun and I loved the protective nature Rand has for Gloria. As I read the story I kept thinking about tinrs we may face danger, but God is right there protecting us.

Gloria and Rand are a great team and I loved how the author slowly let the characters begin to open up to each other. Will Gloria learn to trust Rand? What happens when she is offered a job that could make her famous? I highly recommend this book to everyone who enjoys a clean light hearted book with characters that come alive with words that draw you in. I look forward to reading more from this talented author.

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network and the author. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment