Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

MY HEART BELONGS ON MACKINAC ISLAND by CARRIE FANCETT PAGELS

I love when an author can sweep me away to a different era and make me feel like I'm part of the story. Yes I felt like I was watching the story unfold as Maude tries to prove to her father that she is capable of running their Inn. Her father of course doesn't believe a woman can do such a huge undertaking. I loved how Maude was determined to prove him wrong no matter what she had to endure. Her father still thinks that in order to run the Inn Maude must be married. Well we can forget that for now. What does  her fiancĂ© do to let Maude know he is not interested in her anymore?

I absolutely loved Frederick Konig . He has led everyone to believe that he is a wealthy German , but what secret is he hiding? I loved the intrigue that surrounded him and his heroism in saving lives. He has shown the town that he can be trusted  and people begin to embrace him.  The description of the island is breathtaking. I can imagine the beautiful scenery and the ships as they come  to dock. As Frederick and Maude get to know each other, will they share their secrets? What does God have in store for them? Will Maude find out why her father's plans are for the Inn ? There are secrets among people who could have a devastating affect on others. I loved how the author gives us wonderful subtle hints along the way that make readers wonder what was to happen to the Inn after Maude's mother passed away.  Will the Inn stay in the family or will someone else take it over? What is in a letter that is addressed to Maude? It seems official but will she receive it, or will someone hide it for their own benefit.

The story captures the true meaning of trust, and forgiveness. You don't want to miss this enchanting visit to Mackinac Island.

"Sometimes God has to put us in a place where He can mold us ready us for something new."

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment