Search This Blog

Monday, October 2, 2017

ABIDING MERCY by RUTH REID

I am still trying to absorb the emotional rollercoaster I have been on while reading this book. I am overwhelmed by the well crafted storyline and the characters I have come to love. The author has written a treasure filled with raw emotions that seep deep into your soul. If you haven’t read this book yet, you need  to grab a copy right now. It will be a journey of secrets, tragedy, and forgiveness. Between the pages you find mercy and grace that fills the hearts of the characters.

Faith is a wonderful young woman who works hard at her family’s restaurant . I loved reading about the delicious bread and other menu items that the restaurant served.  Her sister Olivia is a bit rebellious and has a little jealous streak going on. Her disobedience was heartbreaking to read and I wanted to ground her until she stopped acting like a spoiled child. When their parents are severely injured in a buggy accident Faith must step up and run the restaurant with little help from her sister. I loved the differences the sisters had in how to help their parents. It shows readers how siblings argue, become jealous and do mean things.

Gideon was a character I wasn’t sure of at first. He liked Olivia but didn’t like the way she was swaying toward the English way of life. Maybe that is why Faith captured his attention or perhaps Gideon had always liked her. I loved how he stepped up and helped Faith’s father with his chores around the farm. With all Gideon had on his shoulders, he also found time to help Faith at the restaurant as well.

What really intrigued me the most was the story of a baby that was kidnapped many years ago. The author does a great job of developing that storyline parallel to Faith. Is it possible that Faith was kidnapped long ago and raised Amish? Were her parents part of the kidnapping?

I will have to say that the story hooked me right away and I couldn’t put it down. I had to find out about the mysterious kidnapping and also about a stranger that appears throughout the book. He has Godly words to give to several people that will shake them to their core. Don’t miss this story that not only shares about family but shows you what mercy is about.

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment