Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2018

WHO THE BISHOP KNOWS BY VANNETTA CHAPMAN


This series has been so fun to read. The author has a gift for detail and makes her characters so easy to relate to. Henry Lapp has a unique gift that comes in handy . He can remember even the tiniest of details that he has seen. His ability to draw those details is a gift that I'm sure many police stations would love to have on their staff. I can't remember my own phone number sometimes, so this gift would be a treasure to have.

As the annual rodeo in Monte Vista, Colorado gears up, an unexpected tragic event happens. Jeremiah has everything to look forward to. He is in the rodeo hoping for a career when he is shot. I would immediately be looking for Henry to help pinpoint who the killer is. Funny thing about gifts, though. Sometimes they aren't as good as you think they are. Henry is upset that he didn't see anything but maybe he can convince his Amish community to speak up. Amish aren't ones to get the police involved in their problems so Henry is going to have to be on his game to get the killer behind bars.

The story is filled with intrigue and I loved how the author draws you in with emotional twists and turns. I have always like Henry and the love of his life, Emma. Will this case cause Emma to second think marrying Henry? His gift would be a challenge to have to live with, so Emma must really search her heart. Let's not forget about Jeremiah, our deceased in the story. What secrets did he have that could have caused him to be a target? I was surprised at who turned out to be the killer and why they did it. It just shows how creative the author is when you can  keep readers guessing til the end. I'm sad to see the series end, but very pleased with the ending. It is a fitting send off for a series that captured the essence of unconditional love and forgiveness.

I received a copy of this book from the author. The review is my own opinion.

1 comment: