Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

THE HEART BETWEEN US BY LINDSAY HARREL

As I write this review I reflect on my life and how precious our lives are.  This story is emotionally charged with characters that penetrate the deepest part of our souls. I loved the character Megan. She is definitely a fighter and when given a second chance at life takes it with full force. I admired her determination to fulfill someone's bucket list. The connection between Megan and her donor heart is without question written with pure compassion and respect.

What I liked about Megan's sister, Crystal is her need to be wanted. For so many years she has lived in the shadow of her sister . Megan was always sick and kept her parents attention directly on her and Crystal is left looking on from the sidelines. I am guilty of doing that to my oldest son. His younger brother  was very sick and spent a lot of time in ICU. It is easy to forget the child who is well when all you see is your sick child suffering.

The story is one of discovery and healing for the sisters. It shows how relationships can be repaired and give hope to new beginnings. Their journey takes them all over the world. The author does an amazing job of describing the different places and helps readers feel like they are seeing the world with the sisters. The story is an inspiration to me because it reminds me that family is the most important gift you can have. I encourage everyone to grab a copy, tissues and get comfortable as the author takes you to far away places. If there is a hero to recognize in the story it has to be Amanda. She gave the gift of life and I love how Megan chose to honor her .

I received a copy of this book from The Fiction Guild. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment